Friday, November 23, 2012

Liebster Award

Thank you to Being Inspired for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated  and to help spread the word about new blogs. 


The rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!

11 Random Things about Me 
  1. I can say the alphabet backwards in ~4 seconds.
  2. I teach in the district that I attended.
  3. I currently run two fantasy football teams, which is down from four in past years.
  4. I play in my university's alumni marching band.
  5. I have had football season tickets for twenty years.
  6. I have participated in a ladies' football academy for the past two years as a fundraiser for the university's children's hospital.
  7. I detest raw tomatoes.
  8. I love sushi, although I don't live anywhere near an ocean.
  9. I took tap lessons in my adulthood because I never did in my childhood.
  10. I enjoy baking, but I'm not huge into cooking.
  11. I am very particular about things. I have used the same mechanical pencil during my fourteen years of teacher. I have used the same three-hole punch as well, so all of my papers line up.
Responses to Being Inspired's Questions
  1. Why did you start blogging? I started reading blogs this past summer and I thought that it was something that I could do. I was going through a professional change and I thought that it would a good way to share my experiences.
  2. I'm giving you a thousand euro - what are you going to do with it? First of all, I'm googling the conversion... OK. so that's $1287.30. Hmm, I'm buying an iPhone and a data plan and maybe plane tickets to visit my brother :)
  3. Do you like to travel? What's your dream holiday destination? Yes, but I can't stand being in the car for more than a few hours. So flying is the way to go. My dream destination would be somewhere warm like Hawai'i, but not during the holidays unless my family all goes together!
  4. What achievement are you most proud of? Permission to brag! Getting my masters degree in educational technology.
  5. If time wasn't an issue what new activity would you take up? I'm not sure. Time always seems to be the issue. Maybe I would have time to use the scrapbooking things that I already own?
  6. What's your favourite Christmas tradition? Singing Christmas songs
  7. Any blog recommendations? Ladybug's Teacher Files, Teaching Maddeness, technology rocks. seriously., and many, many more!
  8. What's your favourite pin on Pinterest? Right now I'm craving these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls.
  9. A few easy ones to end with - chocolate or crisps/chips? Depends if I'm wanting something sweet or salty. Probably chocolate.
  10. Cats or dogs? I had a cat during my childhood and a dog during my adulthood. I guess that I would choose a non-shedding dog :)
  11. Real books or ebooks? Real.
Questions I'm Asking My Nominees
  1. What is your favorite classroom holiday activity?
  2. What is your favorite freebie?
  3. What is your favorite holiday dish?
  4. Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
  5. Where is your favorite place to shop for your teaching wardrobe?
  6. Summer or winter?
  7. I need a new book to read. What do you recommend?
  8. What is your favorite TV show?
  9. What is your favorite dessert?
  10. What is your favorite sports team?
  11. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
Blogs I'm Nominating
  1. My Journey to Fifth Grade 
  2. The Wild Rumpus 
  3. Young Daze in Fifth Grade 
  4. Loose Shoelaces 
  5. 5th Grade Patriots 
  6. 4th & 5th Grade Happiness 
  7. Fab and Fun in 4th 
  8. Fabulous 5th Grade Fun 
  9. Fifth Grade, Fifth Grade 
  10. Fifth Grade Dayz 
  11. Literacy Sundae with Common Core on Top 
Whew! That took awhile! I look forward to reading more about you :) 

9 comments:

  1. ha ha love your last comment, it does take longer than you expect!! :) Lovely to learn some more about you though! I agree on the cooking front. I love to bake but just can't get excited about cooking. Speaking of which, those chocolate peanut butter pretzel balls look delicious. Repinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for my Liebster Blog nomination!!! Here is the link to my post. It was fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination.
    I am cracking up...alpha backwards in 4 seconds! Impressive! That is worth posting a video on your blog!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I'd post a video only if I lost a bet :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination!! Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I have been so busy, I haven't checked my comments in a long time!!

    http://jules416.blogspot.com/2012/12/i-won-liebster-award.html

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I reply back by email, so please make sure you have that option enabled. Have a great day!